Wednesday, February 20, 2008

10:00

I honestly can think of few things as intimate to me as my running log. Is that weird? I think that's weird.... I would sooner show someone my scale reading or my diary or my eighth grade school picture than my running log.

I am acquainted with an above-average number of really really good runners... we're talking olympic trials material, so me and my 10:00 minute miles are easy discouraged.

Not any more!!


I'm reclaiming my slowness!

the other day I bumped the treadmill up to level 2 (9:05.. with an incline!!) and I was so stoked... then I stopped and realized that speed was still a joke to most other runners I know and my bubble was quickly burst. That's crap!! It was damn fast for me.

That doesn't mean I don't want to be faster, I'm not taking my 5K time off of my 101 list, but I also won't bad mouth myself for my speed, regardless of what it is.

I'm feeling so good about it, I may try and find a way to link my running log into this blog... how's that for accountability?

Stay tuned... I have a feeling this isn't the end of this particular rant...

1 comment:

matilda sue said...

I don't even think I could run a mile - be proud of your accomplishment - I am!!