Friday, February 15, 2008

Marine Corps Marathon II

In an attempt to not be full of $h1t, I am working on some follow through to this post.

Though there are many things I love love love about Larryville, my inability to run after work (in the dark) is not one of them. I have used this as an excuse to not run for far too long.

I joined a gym. It is only a few blocks from my office and I try to get there everyday. So far, i'm averaging about 3 days a week.... but i'm running again!!!

Running is my single favorite activity and yet it is so easy for me to get away from. That never ceases to boggle my mind. I have never ever return from a run thinking "man, why did I do that?" I always feel great, it makes me feel less anxious and happier and.... the list goes on really, but I still make excuses to not do it.

So why am I telling you all of this? Accountability, my friend. It's new and fun now, but can I make it more than a few weeks? If I keep talking about it, I feel I have a better shot. So stay tuned, and if you don't hear me talking about the miles I'm logging... call my bitch ass out!! =)

No comments: