Monday, March 31, 2008

The aforementioned "land of the living"

Two most exciting of events to report today. The first is a hockey game, the second, a lecture.

Yesterday, my parents and I took Carson to his very first Penguins game. I waas terrified. Now, I loves me some hockey, and I don't get to go to games very often, so though I love cheezy dearly, I was afraid he would watch approximately five minutes of the game and then need to be otherwise entertained for the next 2 hours and 25 minutes. I could not be more wrong. he loved the game:



he loved the jumbotron, he loved the zamboni, he loved the music, he loved Iceburgh, he especially loved the nachos:



He clapped, he danced, he wooed the ladies. It was a great game (a win), I had twizzlers, my parents got to have a good time, what more could a Chrisie ask for?

I'll tell you....

Tonight, Anthony Bourdain. Man, I love this guy. I will admit, he took some time to grow on me but I'm convinced he's a genius. He's far more introspective and intelligent than I originally gave him credit for. My bad. His lecture was great, he talked on topics from Rachel Ray to Vietnam and managed to be funny and insightful about all of them. The only thing of note, other than Tony, were the boneheads in the crowd. STOP ASKING HIM TO GET A BEER WITH YOU. The man is cooler than you and doesn't want to hang out with you. Ugh.

Good times. Good times.

No comments: