Oh my stars was that movie bad. I refused to listen to the critics; I put my fingers in my ears, sang quietly to myself and thought "they aren't real fans, they just don't understand the complex nature of the franchise like I do, how could they like it?". Friends, I could not have been more wrong. I suppose there's no point in getting into exactly what all was terrible about this movie, but let me at least pick a few things that I found to be particularly hideous:
- No lone gunmen. Yeah, I know, nothing.
- Not even the hint of any conspiracy. That's bush league, Carter, bush league!!
- I knew what was going on the entire time. There wasn't a single episode where I knew what was going on the entire time, that's not the x-files!! I except to be thoroughly confused and feel slightly dumb.
- Skinner had a cameo? Are you kidding me? It was a pointless cameo at that, he didn't even bring anything to the table - not that he had much to work with....
- Scully and Mulder - they toyed with the idea of them being together brilliantly for 8 seasons.... then they got together and broke up more times in this movie than I did with my 5th grade boyfriend. Ugh.
I'll bet Krycek is somehow behind all of this....