Sunday, September 14, 2008

An open letter to September

Dear September,

First, let me say that I'm a big fan. Sure, you're no October, but I've always admired the way you are able to take us into Fall without really missing summer. You bring us Football, Homecoming, Hockey Training Camp and some all-star running.

All that being said: what the hell, September?? I survived the misery of August only to be bitch-slapped by you.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes are calling out to me but I can't enjoy them because it's still too damn hot. And the humidity... you're killing me! Recent runs have felt more Amazonian than Western Pennsylvanian. I'm still running my air conditioning (stupid 4th floor apartment).

Do us all a favor, kick in here and bring on some fall. I want some colorful leaves, some hoodie weather and some kick-ass runs, crunching through fallen leaves.

Sincerely Yours,

~Chrisie~

1 comment:

M*J*C said...

Very well said!!! Looks like you'll have good weather for Sunday's long run...I actually really wish I could be running and I'm not sure how I'm going to "make up" the miles. Hhhmmm, we'll see.
Can't wait to see you at Elorapalooza!!!