Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Knitted Bag"

It will go down in history as the worst, most terribly and awkwardly knitted article ever... but I made it and it's the greatest (and only) thing I've ever made:



The picture really doesn't do it justice. It's really, really bad. It makes me laugh every time I look at it. I see how the end is 11 stitches wider than the beginning... because over the course I picked up 11 stitches... it seems physically impossible to me to invent stitches out of thin air, but I've been assured it happens. I also see the dropped and otherwise jacked up stitches where Oedipuss wanted to be sure and leave his mark (and pull the entire work off the needles on more than one occasion). I also see the middle part where I mixed up a knit and a purl and may have invented a new stitch.

Suck it, rainy November.

(Here's a pic from the book, in case you were wondering what it is supposed to look like):



Yeah, I don't get the whole "cable" thing... or the "seed stitch" thing...

2 comments:

M*J*C said...

I think it's beautiful!!! I can't knit for shit, so I'm totally impressed!!!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm impressed that you managed to finish it at all with Oeddie around. That makes it a heroes trial, or at the very least a low level endurance sport - something akin to speed walking, but you know with less hip damage.