Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Waterfront

I hate the Waterfront. This is a retail mecca in which they tried real hard... and failed. It's a pain to get to, it's crowded and.... and I think it's hard to explain, but I'm pretty sure it's a unanimous feeling. Anyway, it's sadly also the closest place for me to shop if I want something besides coffee, art, antiques, or handmade and tres expensive fashion... or adorable stuff penguins (sadly, no photo is available, but they're awesome).

Because of all this, I wait until I need about a zillion things before I venture over. Sometimes I am more successful than others, this trip was particularly funny to me, so I thought I'd share.

Dick's. I went in to get a pair of Tri shorts and some essential bike supplies that I used to have but don't have anymore *ahem*, such as chain lube and tire levers. What did I leave with? Nothing I had come in for. Only purchase was a new sleeping bag. Can't help but think was-ster would be pretty stoked by it, seem to remember references to my old sleeping bag including "surplus WW2". It was time.

Bed Bath and Beyond. Not a store I normally frequent, but I was given a gift card as a house warming gift and have about 60 wedding gifts to buy this summer so I ventured in... I don't know if you've been in a BB&B lately.... but it seems to have turned from the land of the unitasker and things I cannot live/sleep/shower/cook without into the "horrible infomercial product store"... maybe that's what they mean by "beyond"... but still. Aside from the zillion kitchen gadgets I wish I could use... I found little of interest here and wondered why everyone continues to register there for weddings? Can anyone help me out with this? Anyway, I left with my gift card intact and no gifts purchased, easily bypassing the pedipaws, aquaglobes, and the "slap chop" (oh, it's a real thing).

Lowe's. I have a love/hate relationship with Lowe's. Since buying a house, I have become a frequent flier here, and now find myself browsing... at a home improvement store... seriously? The hate part comes in because there is so much that I want to do that just isn't a one-chrisie operation. Oh man, the plans I have... I just need a small army of husbands, contractors and really really really good friends to make it all happen. So I leave here with enough paint samples to pretty much just wallpaper my house with them, several ideas for a new fire pit and... a hammock. There are not words for the love I feel for my new hammock. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I think I'll go lay in it now.....

No comments: